After Tuesday’s release of Congress’s omnibus spending bill set to fund the government through fall of 2023, a number of progressive agenda items are raising eyebrows. Government spending, which uses taxpayer dollars, ought to reflect the will of the people who voted for a change in House leadership last November, instead of forcing ordinary citizens to pay for ideologically-driven measures.
The list of earmarks totaled 12 items of equally woke nature. Critics of the omnibus bill say that House Republicans should have fought harder to pass a continuing resolution until new leadership took office in January. Had they done so, the new Congress could have worked to pass legislation that reflects the will of voters.
The list of progressive ‘woke’ policies compiled by researchers and analysts at the Heritage Foundation’s Grover M. Hermann Center for the Federal Budget and reported on at the Daily Signal includes the following six items:
- $1.2 million for LGBTQIA+ Pride Centers
- $477,000 for the Equity Institute in Rhode Island
- $1 million for Zora’s House a “coworking and community space” for “women and gender-expansive people of color” in Ohio
- $3 million for the American LGBTQ+ Museum in New York City
- $3.6 million for a Michelle Obama Trail in Georgia
- $750,000 for the [email protected] Coalition for Transgender and Gender nonconforming and Intersex (TGI) immigrant women in Los Angeles